Stalka Khan

Things to think about.

Monday, June 06, 2005

Musical Stalkalicious Weekend

So, how glad was I that my old bud Carmen could come back for the weekend? She came from what is known as "the real world." I've heard it's quite scary. We got to hit up a free concert at my school, that was featuring The Wrens, Troubled Hubble, Fizzgig, and Southeast Engine, among others. All the bands rocked, but my favs were definitely Troubled Hubble and The Wrens. I'm bummed I was too late to see Southeast Engine, but I saw them last year, and they're great live.

Troubled Hubble will forever be a favorite. I will probably start stalking them online (I already became a Myspace friend of theirs). I just realized what a loser I am for writing that, lol. Anyway, they are a rocking band and showed us their tour bus and gave us ice cream and snowcones. They were hanging around with The Wrens for a few shows, and are soon going to open for Maximo Park. If you get a chance to see them live, I suggest you do it. They're great. I took some pictures, but they turned out terribly because these tall indie kids kept getting in the way. And where did all these indie people come from in Athens? Athens has mostly frat boys and hippies. I think they were bussed in for the concert. But I enjoyed it, at any rate.

The Wrens rocked quite hard. They started off chill and then just totally ripped it up. I was kind of bummed that they didn't play She Sends Kisses, but...then they ended with it for the encore.

I also saw an old stalkee there, Jim. Go check out his promotional company! He rules.

Dodge has some Wrens tunes that you should definitely check out. Especially "I Guess We're Done." It was one of the highlights of the show. Carmen kept saying how "pretty" it was, ha ha. Which it is. And I don't know where Dodge got that mp3?! I thought they said while they were playing it that it was on an upcoming EP that wasn't available yet. OH, I just realized...bloggers are "cool" and get things before everyone else :-).
Comments

2 Comments:

Comments

you better believe the whole WEEKEND was pretty. uber fun as always, and i can vouch for every stalking scenario in that post...and the ones that didn't make it in ;)
- carmen
p.s. rock on stalka khan!!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:45 AM  

Comments

are you saying I'm cool?!! finally, some validation...you're the best.

By Blogger Dodge, at 5:45 PM  

Post a CommentComment please!

  • At <$BlogCommentDateTime$>, <$BlogCommentAuthor$> said…

    <$BlogCommentBody$>

    <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
  • Post a Comment

    << Home